InfraGard Training and Education
The InfraGard National Members Alliance is pleased to provide partnerships with organizations to provide training and educational opportunities to InfraGard members. This page will continue to expand as new opportunities are announced.
AMU - The InfraGard National Members Alliance is proud to announce a partnership with American Military University (AMU) to help provide continuing educational opportunities to our membership, as well as support of our local training and education efforts. We all know that continuing education is important in the ever changing threat landscape of the security field, and AMU offers many things that make it attractive to our membership.
The educational opportunities at AMU are affordable and they have not raised their undergraduate tuition in over a decade. The education they offer is relevant, with a majority of their faculty being practitioners in the field of expertise. As importantly for our membership, they are accessible with schedule flexibility. They were one of the first completely on-line, fully accredited universities and offer 8 week classes that begin every month, so no waiting for new semesters to start. This adds great flexibility in scheduling classes around already heavy work responsibilities.
In addition, AMU will be using their marketing efforts to help promote InfraGard and the training and educational events that are held in local IMAs across the country. Their current students and alumni represent individuals that have studied a variety of security disciplines and, if not already members of InfraGard, would be ideal recruits for membership. They also participate with other security related organizations and keep a calendar of security events across the country available as a resource to their partners. You can go to their web site http://amusecurityinfo.com/ for more information on education and training opportunities for InfraGard members.
UMUC - The INMA Board of Directors has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the University of Maryland University College (UMUC). Under the MOU, UMUC has agreed to offer InfraGard members and their families a 25% discount on out-of-state tuition*. This offer applies to undergraduate and graduate programs, online and classroom. The individual is responsible for their own tuition costs. InfraGard will not reimburse any expenses.
To learn more about this opportunity and how to qualify for the discount, please visit www.umuc.edu/inma.
* MBA, graduate cybersecurity degrees and certificate programs, executive programs and doctoral programs excluded. Maryland residents will receive the applicable in-state rate.
- CfISA - The Center for Information Security Awareness provides free information security awareness courses. If you choose to take an exam for a certificate at the end, you will will receive 20% off the examination fee as an InfraGard member.
- FEMA's Center for Domestic Preparedness (CDP) - The CDP is the only Congressionally-chartered Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) training center for civilians within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The CDP specializes in providing resident and non-resident advanced hands-on, all-hazards training for America's state, local, and tribal emergency responders.
- IGtv - InfraGard Tv is available to all members of the FBI's National InfraGard Program. This is a FREE weekly resource hosted by the NYC Metro InfraGard Members Alliance from there web site: www.nym-infraGard.us/cms. This resource is offered weekly Tuesdays from 9AM to Noon live each week. The program covers technology in the news, a variety of technology topics and a law enforcement/homeland security hour. Lastly, members of the national board appear on the program and along with other segments are recorded for replay on the NYC Blog at Metro's web site.
- The Department of Homeland Security's Office of the Private Sector has compiled a Private Sector Resource Catalog which is targeted specifically towards private sector partners and encompassing the entire Department. This document collects the training, publications, guidan ce, alerts, newsletters, programs, and services available to the private sector across the Department.